
I receive newsletters from Stepping Stones Ministries which is a ministry of Bethany Christian Services (a not-for-profit, Christian adoption and family services agency). You can request these newsletters for free and they have great information and articles in them regarding infertility and adoption. You can go to http://ssministry.net to find more information. They also have a great bookstore. That is where I have gotten a lot of my books from.I wanted to share an article from the Jan/Feb issue:
Preparing Our Fields of Rain (pg 5)
"In the toil of preparing our fields, we are allowed to dream and hope and pray for our hearts desires, but it's up to the Lord to decide how His rain will manifest itself in our lives. Will God's rain be wasted because we haven't been in our fields preparing, planting, or tending?....We haven't been given the specifics or the timeline of our life, just the command to live each day by faith....In the face of drought and disappointment, we are on a quest to prepare our fields for life-producing rain that only Christ can give....God promises His best for those who wait upon Him. We can rest assured that His best always brings us into fuller communion with Jesus Christ than our best intentions ever could. Let's trust Him together and never give up on preparing our fields for rain."
I love what this article is teaching...it is OKAY to DREAM and HOPE...those our the desires God put in our hearts...to have children....to teach them and raise them in Christ. I don't know about you but I have pleaded and bargained with God-"Lord if you just give me a baby, I'll talk about you ALL the time, I'll be the best mom ever, I'll do anything you want me to do." I know I shouldn't bargain with God, but God does know my heart, He knows that I will teach my children songs like-"This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made..." and "I've got joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, where, down in my heart, where, down in my heart, and I'm so happy..." and teach them of God's love and to be kind to others...and the list could go on and on. Sometimes it is scary to DREAM because I'm afraid it will never happen, but God wants us to DREAM and DESIRE!!
So what are we doing while we WAIT...are we preparing our fields for God's rain, for His plan for us, for His best for us, for amazing blessings...I am looking forward for those days when I will be giddy. Thanks Tonya for sharing that at the last support group...God does have giddiness in store for us.
My question to myself is while I wait, am I enjoying the life God has for me, to take up His cross and follow Him daily, to wake up each morning with joy for the new day His has given me, am I preparing my field for rain.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."



2 comments:
Wow, what a great challenge and piece of truth, Shana! Do you want to have lunch or coffee sometime soon? Happy Easter!
Thanks.... I enjoyed reading that. You will be a terrific mom and God knows your desire. He has no doubt about that. Send pics of the room soon. Love you
Post a Comment