I have been attending the "Grace" group, an infertility support group, for about a year now. I am so glad this group evolved because it has been such an encouragement to hear other women going through the same things. When we sometimes think we are surrounded by fertile mertiles, it is amazing to know others that understand. We meet once a month and there is a different guest speaker each time who has been down this path before who shares her testimony, verses that have helped her, and encouragement. Then we each go around the circle and share our prayer requests, hurts, concerns or anything else that might be on our hearts. We lift each other up, learn from each other, cry with each other, and pray for one another. It has been such a blessing!
Galations 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ."
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi Shana,
I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now (a friend sent me your link), and I thought it was about time I introduced myself! My husband of nearly five years and I are also on a journey through infertility (IVF).
Thank you for your raw honesty and transparency. Your story has encouraged me and your faith is inspiring. I understand the pain, the loss, the loneliness. But I too know the Lord's grace, His peace, and His love in the ways that only those of us on this journey have experienced.
I will be praying for your newest chapter - adoption! I look forward to following your journey.
Blessings,
Erica
P.S. Thanks for mentioning the devotions book a few posts ago. I think that will be my next buy!
Shana,
I, too, wanted to introduce myself. I cannot tell you how encouraging it is to find a fellow believer and sojourner on the infertility road. I am good friends with Erica (above) also. THANK YOU for sharing your struggle via this blog. It has encouraged me greatly to be more open with my own journey and I'm overall just encouraged to know there are other women "out there" who do share similar emotions and prayers.
Ronda
I'm so glad that you have found this group!
Post a Comment