Friday, March 14, 2008

Homestudy!



Homestudy Day!!
We began the adoption process last fall and we just had our official homestudy done on Wednesday. I had to get pictures to capture the moment...Daisy is apart of this too :). Right after Sarah from New Life left our house, Cody turned around and gave me the biggest smile, high five, and big hug! We were very excited! It was a great accomplishment and now we just continue to pray and wait.
Praise God!

8 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations! What an exciting milestone. The Lord's got His hands all over this!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you guys! I have such a special place in my heart for New Life and I am always praying for the adoptive parents and birth families. I will be praying for patience as you wait for your precious child.
Will you be at the New Life party on the 27th? We will be there (as long as I am physically able). It would be nice to meet you in the real world!

Ronda Kay said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you probably can't contain your excitement! I pray the Lord will continue to bless you and give you hope and faith.

Court said...

This is great news...and a huge relief! I remember all too well :) Praying for you guys!

Lindsay said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Hey Shana- I'm not sure if you remember me from KF & CFBC (I was a few years below you), but I found your blog through Carly & Lindsay's. I hope you don't mind if I link your blog on mine so that I can keep up with your journey. I just had my first baby a few weeks ago after a few years of trying to get pregnant. You'll be in my prayers with everything.

Tiffany said...

Barnes was my maiden name, if that helps :o)

Erica said...

Happy Easter! I just saw your comment on my blog about the infertility support group. How crazy that you live so close! Steps of Hope started last fall, so it hasn't been around for too long. It has been such a blessing in our lives, though.

I am so glad that you were able to find a group too. I'm not sure if your group is just for women, but ours is for couples, so if you all are ever interested in joining us we'd love to have you. The leaders of my group are currently pursuing adoption for the first time too!