Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Cure!



Last year around August I was reading this great book, Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado. My infertility was so hard on me. I was sad ALL the time, depressed most of the time, it was all consuming. This book talked about ways to reach your dreams, step out, and enjoy the life God has for you. A friend told me there were some puppies for sale that she knew about because she had gotten a puppy that previous year from the same momma lab. I didn't think much of it, until one night when I was reading and then put this book down on my night stand, starred at the cute sleeping labs and it hit me. A new puppy would make for great therapy for me. I could have a dog to play with, spend time with, and cuddle with. I know it sounds a little cheesy, my husband laughed at me. But this book was my inspiration. And you know what...having a dog HAS been therapeutic for me. We went to visit this family that was selling the chocolate labs and bought Daisy when she was 5 weeks old. We've had her over a year now and we have just loved having her in our lives.