Thursday, December 20, 2007

Kari Jobe



A sweet new friend of mine, Joy, introduced me to Kari Jobe. She is an amazing worship leader. There is one song called Come To Me that I absolutely love. Oh how I wish I knew of this song all last year when I was hurting so much, so weary and tired. Read these amazing words as if the Lord was speaking right to your aching heart. I hope to find a link soon so you can hear her sweet voice lift up these words...or buy her CD for yourself and hear all her worship songs...

Come To Me by Kari Jobe:
Come to me you weary one and I will give you rest
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light, take me upon you and I will give you rest
Come to me you broken one and I will give you peace
I will calm your waters and I will whisper peace be still, take me up on you and I will give you peace
Come to me, come to me, come to me I have been waiting for you here
Come to me you burden one and I will give you joy
You will rise like eagles and my joy will be your strength, take me up on you and I will give you joy
Come to me, come to me, come to me, I have been waiting for you here, he has been waiting for you here, come, come to him
Come and find your peace, come and find your rest, come and find your joy, he is waiting here, for you, with open arms, to hold you, to embrace your heart, to love you, he is waiting here

Peace, joy, rest...these things I sought for, I longed for, I was lacking in desperately. And I knew that only Jesus could give these, only through Him. Though I think there were times I tried to do it on my own, tried to find assurance, hope, strength, to get to that end goal...a baby. But no one, not even me and my husband could do that. If God did not want us to have a biological baby than it would not happen.

Soon I will share what God has done in our lives thus far that I am able to say these things without bursting into tears anymore. (And by the way I still do not have a baby). For so long I was not well, not healthy physically, spiritually, emotionally. I feel like my life went in slow motion and I was in my own sad world, lost and confused. But this place that God has brought me to has given me life again. I feel normal and emotionally healthy again. And it is for that reason that I can speak of God's goodness to others. I now have a testimony and I love getting to share it!

Here is a link to see her on video singing.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2q0XDDf90

Here is her website:
www.karijobe.com