Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Over the Holidays...
I have to admit that over the holidays I had a hard time and was reminded of what I still don't have. Cody and I teach Sunday School to middle schoolers, but because of Christmas break, there was no Sunday school, and the Bible Study Fellowship that I attend on Wednesdays was on hold for three weeks. So instead of being in the Word more I ended up using that time to feel sorry for myself...which proves why I needed to spend time with God instead. I found myself just being so sad again, I felt like these past several months I had been doing so good. I really have given God my thoughts and it seemed like I was in the right direction, but the holidays were tough. I had thoughts like: I still can't believe I don't have a baby yet...wow, three years...it's so pathetic...how sad is my life...tears, tears and more tears. Dwelling on those thoughts gets me into trouble. I can't be strong on my own, it doesn't work. It's when I'm studying the Bible and in prayer and having quite times that GOD is my source of strength and guides my thoughts. I don't know how people make it without Jesus!


