Saturday, May 16, 2009

IT FINALLY RANG!!!


Wow it's been a while since I've posted or even read other's blogs, sorry friends. But I wanted to let everyone know we finally got our call from our adoption agency!!! A birth mom has chosen us!!! I still can't believe it. It was the Monday after Easter about 9:30 in the morning, and as I paced around my kitchen in tears I heard about this birth mother that we've been praying for for the past 2 years. She is due June 20th and it's a GIRL! We meet with her that week at New Life for the first time; we were so nervous but it was amazing. We've meet several other times and each time we've come together it has gotten better and better. The relationship we're building is going to make it more special on placement day (the day we get the baby) and for the future that is to come. What is so awesome is that we are already seeing God's hand in the situation and His answered prayers. There are so many similarities between her and myself, our fair skin color, our eyes and hair color...our interests, likes and dislikes. The birth father and Cody also have some similarities. We've prayed that she would go to all the counseling sessions before and after the birth, that she would take care of herself and get the prenatal care she needs, that choosing us out of three couples would be an easy decision for her, and many other things. All of these things God has answered. It's amazing to watch our story beginning to unfold into God's perfect plan.

Even though we still have to consider that there's a chance she could change her mind after the baby is born, I can't help but get my hopes up and enjoy this special time. My best friend Lindsay has said many times that every baby deserves to get excited about. Your right Linz, and that's what we're doing. Deep in my heart I'll never forgot the sad and tough times I've had along this 4 year journey. It's not over for me yet, but I feel so close. I hope I never take anything for granted. And once I hold this baby in my arms for the first time I will know that it's all been worth it...the difficult wait for God's absolute PERFECT time and purposeful plan for our lives. These painful years will stay close to my heart, they have changed me and shaped me even in the kicking and screaming. But NOW I can rejoice and give God all the glory just like He's promised. Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
Out of all the support group meetings I went to every speaker that came to speak to us always had a great testimony about their journey. They each had a handful of verses that spoke to them, I always thought they were great verses and some stood out to me, but these past 6 months or so I've been collecting more verses that I could claim for MY life.....
Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
2 Corinthians 1:10-11 “He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.”
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
Romans 8:16-17 “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
1 Peter 5:6-7 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
Hebrews 10:22-26 (from The Message) So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching. If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment—and a mighty fierce judgment it will be!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. 8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Isaiah 55:10-13 “10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn bush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

I am soooo excited for you and Cody!!!!! :-) Thanks for sharing those verses!!!

Erica said...

Oh my goodness, Shana!! I am so excited for you two and can't wait to hear all about your little princess in just a few short weeks! Congratulations! We will continue to pray. :)

Tiffany said...

I am so excited for you & Cody! Will definitely be keeping everyone involved in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Oh, Praise God!
Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you!

laura said...

Praising God for His perfect timing and faithfulness! I continue to pray for you three. Love you! :)

Rebecca said...

Praise the Lord! Your Galatians verse has been precious to me for many years. It is one I am hanging onto even now! You will be a wonderful mom!

Carrie said...

God is good! I booked my flight last night. I can't wait to watch you as a mom. Love you so much