Sunday, February 17, 2008

10 Times Neater

I mentioned this book one other time, but I wanted to share some of the things that Beth talked about, they really hit home with me:

(she is talking about her friend that has Down's syndrome that now also has Leukemia)
Zephaniah 3:5 "The Lord within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame."
Beth quotes on pages 40-47:
"I drank those words like tonic as I sat before the God I love-and trust-and wept. My feelings were hurt. Not because God was wrong but because my feelings are at times such poor reflections of truth. Right there in His presence I recounted what I knew to be true, and before long it changed what I felt. No, I can't explain how the whole goodness-of-God, suffering-of-man thing works, but I know that God cannot-does not-wrong His children. He can't. Inconceivably holy, God cannot sin. He is unapproachable Light, and He has no dark side"

"Charging God with wrong doing will only dig us into a deeper pit. However, holding God ultimately responsible in the healthy way as His word suggests, will be our ticket out."

"You have the capacity to be a ten times neater person healed than you would have been just plain well. Your wealth of experience makes you rich."

"God already thought this through in advance. Considered it. Weighted it. Checked it against the plumb line of the plan. He had looked at the good it could ultimately accomplish, the lives that could be helped and even saved. Then, and only then, in His sovereign purpose did He permit such harm to come to His beloved child. Had the incident not possessed glorious purpose, God would have disarmed it. "

"If God allowed you to be thrown into a pit, you weren't picked on; you were picked out. God entrusted that suffering to you because He has faith in you. Live up to it. All the way up."

Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just added you to my blog links...love you!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Shana,
I found your blog through Lindsay and I just wanted to tell you what an encouragement you are! We are walking through infertility and it is such a blessing to read your blog.
I think that we have met before, but it is driving me crazy as to where it was. Maybe New Life volunteer training?

Court said...

Hi Shana ~

You don't know me (ahhh...the joys of blog lurking) :) but, I found your link on a friend's blog (Jenni Wooley).

I want you to know that you are not alone! I read your story and it sounds almost identical to mine! PCOS, Clomid, IUIs, and now adoption. My husband and I are now in our 15th month of our adoption process. It has been very hard but God is good and His timing is perfect. We are confident that God is working, even when He is silent. I just wanted to encourage you to keep pressing on, to take each day as it comes and to keep seeking the Lord. He is good and He is faithful! Feel free to drop by my blog (www.thompsonsjourney.blogspot.com) and leave a comment or send an email....if you ever need to know that you're not alone! There are lots of us out there who are experiencing the same journey in life! May God bless you!

~ Courtney