Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reese is Here!!

I really just can't believe we have her here in our home. We are so blessed, beyond words. Our adoption process went very well, it was tough and extremely emotional but we for sure felt all the prayers. So many people prayed with us through these past years and especially these past couple of weeks and we are so so so grateful for that. God showed himself in so many ways during this journey. And He answered specifically in the smallest and biggest ways. When I held Reese in the hospital, it just felt right. And we feel in love. She is God's gift and I love that her middle name, Elizabeth, means God's promise. Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” And that's no doubt. Even through all the years of sorrow and heartbreak, God was just waiting for us to meet up together. And this is our time. His time! To bring our family together.
We are having so much fun with little Reese, she is absolutely adorable and the joy of our lives!

Reese Elizabeth

Born Saturday June 13th, 2009

at 8:24pm

weighed 6lbs 6oz

18 3/4" long

Came into our home and hearts Friday June 19th!!!!!


“The longer the blessing is in coming, the sweeter it will be when it arrives. That which is gained speedily by a single prayer is sometimes only a half-weighted blessing, but that which is gained after many a tug and many an awful struggle is full-weighted and precious blessing. The blessing which costs us the most in prayer will be worth the most.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon

9 comments:

Court said...

Praise the Lord for Reese Elizabeth! I knew that she had been born and assumed that you had her home with you, but am soooo thrilled to see her sweet little face! What a sweet blessing from the Lord. God is so good and has richly blessed all 3 of you with each other. Soak it all in....it just gets better each day! Praying for you guys. Congratulations, Momma & Daddy on your new little girl!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I have been praising God for His faithfulness and provision! I know that His timing is perfect to bring your sweet family together! Though, I am a little disappointed in his timing of your placement! :) I just hate that I had to miss it. It looks like Cindy got some good shots for you though.
I am so beyond thrilled for you! Congratulations!

Carrie said...

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to snuggle with Reese!! Love you

laura said...

She is beautiful, Shana! I am praising God for his perfect timing and blessing in sweet Reese. LOVE that Elizabeth means "God's Promise;" that is so perfect!

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

I can not wait to meet Reece! She is beautiful!! :-)

Wendy... said...

Shana,

Lindsay posted on Facebook about your sweet angel recently. I am so INCREDIBLY HAPPY for YOU!!! You have been so patient and faithful through this process and you are going to be a wonderful mother (y'all will be wonderful parents!!)

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Love ya!
Wendy

Unknown said...

We stand in awe of our wonderful, gracious, wise God! He has brought about such an amazing work. I am so moved as I see you and Cody as parents.

Becki Francy said...

Just checking in...from last year....so excited to see how your prayers are answered....you will love having a daughter!

Sisters and Sisters said...

She is beautiful girl
xxx
www.sistersandsisters.com