Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stepping Up


I have started this Beth Moore bible study with my church and wanted to share something out of it that was said so well.
Beth say's:
"He knows when something glorious in the future necessitates something diffucult in the present. Because He knows the glory will be worth it, God will risk being misunderstood. Yes, God wants us to have joyful, satisfying lives, but He also wants us to have crowns to cast. Rewards to recieve. Character to develop. Compassion to give. Testimonies to tell. In the midst of those painful processes, God makes bold promises." (pg 60)
I just love how she worded that, we may not understand what God is doing in our lives, but He knows the end result will be worth it, God risks being misunderstood by us. I can't even image what it will be like to finally have a baby in our arms, but right now it doesn't make since and God knows that. But He does make bold promises (Romans 8:28-39) and that's what we have to hang on to.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great point. I need to keep that in my head to remind myself of that. I think we all will look back in life experiences and say, "Ok God your timing was right".