Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lambs, Lambs, and more Lambs

I thought I would share some pictures of our nursery. My dad and Cody put up the chair railing and Cody and I painted. We will put the babies name above the crib. It was a lot of fun to get to work on this project. I have had it in my head what I wanted to do for years now. Sometimes it was emotional for me because I couldn't believe I was actually at the point of decorating the nursery. Having dreamt of this room for so long, it was very exciting to finally work on it.
The picture of the white frame has this poem in it. It is very special:

Legacy of an Adopted Child
Once there were two women who never knew each other...One you do not remember, the other you call mother. Two different lives, shaped to make your one...
One became your guiding star; the other became your sun. The first gave you life and the second taught you to live it. The first gave you a need for love and the second was there to give it.
One gave you nationality; the other gave you a name. One gave you a seed of talent; the other gave you an aim. One gave you emotions; the other calmed your fears. One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.
One gave you up...that's all she could do. The other prayed for a child and God led her straight to you. And now you ask me through your fears, the age old question unanswered throughout the years....Heredity or environment ...which are you the product of? Neither, my darling...neither...just two different kinds of love.
- Author Unknown










7 comments:

mereburk said...

I am so glad you posted nursery pics - I can't believe it is all decorated! I love it!! Ya'll did such a great job! Loved having you over - let's do it again soon!

Erica said...

Oh, Shana! It looks fabulous! You all did a fantastic job.

Thank you again for sharing your journey with us. I continue to pray for the child that room belongs to.

Hugs!
Erica

Court said...

What a cute room! Great job :) I can't wait to see how the Lord blesses that room with your little one. Praying for you guys!

Lindsay said...

It looks so good! I really like what you ended up doing above the changing table. The shelf looks great with the 3 frames below. I can't wait to see what the name ends up looking like. I'm amazed by you Shana - your creativity is inspiring!

Carrie said...

You did so good. WOW- I think I should hire you. There's a lot of love that was put into that. Can't wait to come and rock that baby to sleep. Lindsay and I already have plans to come stay with you after the baby is a few months old. I don't clean - just rock!!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful! You did such a great job!
I might need to steal a few of those lamb ideas, if we are ever blessed with a little "Woolley" (lamb).
I can't wait for the Lord to fill up your nursery and I am excited to see how He is going to do it!

joy+will said...

WOW! it looks great - and more finished than mine does!!! i hope i will be seeing you this weekend - i think we'll be at church sunday too. again - great job with the lambs. so sweet!