Saturday, May 3, 2008

Special Day!

I turn 30 tomorrow and I have to admit it was weirder turning 29 last year. I think I have gotten used to thinking about turning 30 all year so now that it is here it's not so bad. My husband planned a surprise party for me tonight, so that was sweet of him to make it special for me. Although there were "Over The Hill" balloons and everyone brought gag gifts like a magnifying class, Depends, and a wheel chair, it was still fun! Thanks Cody:)

All day today we were at an adoption seminar at New Life http://newlifehelp.org/. These are required of us to attend both in the Spring and Fall. We already went to the Fall one in September. These are really great because we get to hear so much about the process of adoption in great detail. We discussed issues like bonding and putting together a life-book for the baby. We heard a couple share their story and later heard a birthmother share her story when she placed her baby a few years ago. There is so much to learn and be educated about adoption, especially with the open/semi-openness that is more common these days. We really enjoyed the seminar and with the women that work their that are so wonderful, it makes it that much more special.

3 comments:

mereburk said...

Happy Late Birthday Shana - I even saw you at church!!! I hope you had a great one! We love you!
Meredith

laura said...

Happy Late Birthday, Shana! Can we go out and celebrate soon? I would love to have a girls night.

joy+will said...

I missed it! I wish we could have been there to yell "surprise" and celebrate with you.
thanks again for your blog. it is a reflection of the Father's love for you as you share your love for Him and this journey. love you, friend.