I have to admit, I now freak out a little bit when my phone rings and I don't recognize the ring tone. For the past year that we've gone through the adoption process, I have always known that it would be a long, long year. Now that we're getting closer, I am always hoping I get THE CALL. I haven't heard anything for a while, so we're just waiting and waiting. I have checked my list and checked it twice. Literally, I'm reading some books over again. I've cleaned out every closet in our house, cleaned our garage (to make room for strollers and for me to pull out a car seat without hitting something), typed out a baby feeding/pooping/playing schedule, and well...I'm just ready as all get out. So much so that I'm board. My mom is a wonderful music teacher, singer, pianist and when she was in her teenage years, she wrote a song about how she wanted this boy that she liked to call her...it goes something like this:
Ring telephone ring, ring telephone ring
Sit'n here all day long, for that telephone...
I'll have to get with her on the rest of it. But that is how I feel, RING PHONE RING!!!



4 comments:
I agree - waiting stinks! I struggle with it most days too, and I'm sure it is amplified at the point in the journey that you guys are at. Please know that I am still believing and praying!
I think that you should record yourself singing the "Ring Phone Ring" song and put it on the blog, so that we can appreciate it even more! :)
Ring phone ring!!! And oh yes, I want to hear you sing... :)
Oh Shana ~ the waiting does stink...but I PROMISE that it's more than worth it! :) Praying for you!
Hey sweet friend! You keep hanging in there, no, I hope that you more than hang in there! I pray that JOY will fill your days even as you wait, that God will give you so much PEACE that even you are amazed! We love ya'll & can't wait to celebrate with you!
We know the hurt of the wait, we so understand...but even now you are living out the plan, even these days are part of the big picture! One specific day, one moment, your lives will be changed forever...God is so amazing. And you 2 are going to be incredible parents! With you in spirit today my friend, Debbie
Post a Comment