As the saying goes, I may not have a baby growing under my heart, but IN IT! After we finished the Home Study in March I realized I had to start getting ready for this baby soon, and fast, because I don't like to procrastinate. We painted the nursery, bought furniture, and now I've been reading every baby book I can get my hands on. I feel like motherhood is right at the tip of my fingers. My waistline may not be growing, but my heart is just the same. We've been praying for this birthmother and baby for probably a year now. I can't wait to meet her one day. We pray that she takes care of herself, goes to routine doctor visits, has love and support from her family, learns about the Lord, has a peace about Newlife, a peace about us, and much much more. I don't think I can even wrap my brain around what is soon to happen to us through adoption. All I can do is hope, pray, and wait on God's timing. Not much different than even 3 1/2 years ago when we first started this journey. Same desire, same prayers, just a uniquely different path for the same ending.
And lately I've been asked God for my ending; for the great God-story I can share because of the beautiful blessing I'll hold in my arms. I pray this chapter will read THE END, very soon. I'm ready for a new season, a new journey, a new story to tell.
Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOVE your attitude and your hope! I too believe that your "THE END" will come soon. I met a pair of sister-in-laws last night at a party. One had just adopted and the other had just had a baby. Anyways, your words reminded me of them because they kept saying things like "it was so fun because we were pregnant at the same time!"
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
I'm praying for the same thing for you guys. love you
Praying for you and your sweet little one! God's timing is perfect :)
We've been trying to conceive for 5 years and have gone through 4 AI's and are not on our adoption journey. I will pray you get your baby soon!
Post a Comment